This chocolate vodka is such a yummy elixer. It can be used with or for a number of cocktails. I like it with a tiny bit of ice and some cream. This stuff is super tasty and so surprisingly easy to make. Here is how….
WARNING: You are working with a stove, boiling water, steam etc. I do not take responsibility for your mistakes or carelessness. Be cautious with the water and steam it will burn you if not careful.
Total time to make the chocolate vodka is about 30m, well worth the time.
You will need:
5-6 Milky Way Bars (Mars Bars in the EU)
1 Bottle of Vodka
A double boiler (or a pot with a bowl that can rest securely on top of the pot)
Pot holders or oven mits (for safety)
1. Fill the pot with water, making sure that the water level sits just below the bowl.
2. Turn the burner on and get the water to a rolling boil (once it reaches a boil reduce heat to medium)
3. Chop the Milky Way (Mars) bars into small slices (this will help melt the bars quicker).
4. Add the chopped bars to the bowl and place the bowl on top of the boiling water. (Or use a double boiler if you have one).
5. Heat the chocolate, until it starts to combine and melt.
6. Pour 50% of the vodka in a separate container (we will use this to top off the bottle). You can reserve the rest for something else like my coffee vodka (recipe forthcoming).
7. Start pouring a little vodka into the melting chocolate… slowing mixing the vodka into the chocolate. Continually adding more vodka into the mix.
8. Its going to take a bit for the carmel in the Milky Way bars to incorporate into the vodka. Just keep stirring, it will eventually works it’s way into solution.
9. One warning – DO NOT LET THE VODKA BOIL or you will end up boiling the alcohol out.
10. Once everything is mixed well, use a funnel and pour the chocolate vodka back into the bottle.
11. Top off the bottle with some of the remaining vodka.
12. Cap the bottle nice and tight, then shake the bottle for about 1min to incorporate the raw vodka into the mix.
13. Once the bottle is cool to the touch, leave it in the freezer for storage. The chocolate will not come out of the solution.
14. Pour some, serve with ice and some milk/half n half/or cream