A quick unboxing of a recent Amazon purchase. Mont Blanc Irish Green fountain pen ink, and a Pilot Parallel Pen (the very wide and wet 6mm). I also take a quick look at the Irish Green ink, and run a quick swab test to check the color.
Razor – WWII German Field Razor (Open Comb Slant)
Blade – Polsilver
Brush – Restored EverReady, Badger
Soap – Catie’s Bubbles – QcV
After Shave – HTGAM / PAA – Al Fin
Fantastic shave, aside from the two weepers I got. The QcV scent profile is as follows:
Green fern and cannabis notes unfold to reveal a rich floral accord of violet and gardenia. A warm blend of cashmere wood surrounds the floral, while sensual undertones of musk and golden amber soften the scent from within.
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Glycerine, Fragrance.
For all those that are interested, here is my razor collection in list form. I will eventually create some content for each of these razors. I will link to the content from here.
Current Razor Collection (DE/SE)
Check out my Top 5 DE Razors as of 2015-05-31.
- 1920 – Gillette Old Type Serial M414651
- 1931 – Gillette New
- 1940’s – Merkur Slant (Not sure of exact age)
- 1940’s – German Field Razor (Nazi)
- 1940’s – GEM “Bullet Tipped” Micromatic (w/Safety Bar) – 1940’s – On its way
- 1946-8 – Gillette Aristocrat
- 1954 – Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip – Date Code Z3 (3rd quarter of 1954)
- 1955 – Gillette Super Speed Blue Tip – Date Code A1 (1st quarter of 1955)
- 1956 – Gillette Ball End Tech Travel – Date Code B4 (4th quarter of 1956)
- 1959 – Gillette 195 Adjustable “Fat Boy” – Date Code E2 (2nd quarter of 1959)
- 1960 – Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip – Date Code F1 (1st quarter of 1960)
- 1964 – Lady Gillette – Date Code J4 (4th quarter of 1964)
- 1965 – Gillette Ball End Tech – Date Code K3 (3rd quarter of 1965)
- 1968 – Gillette Super Speed Black Handle – Date Code N3 (3rd quarter of 1968)
- Feather Portable (NOS)
- Gillette Techmatic
- 2015 – Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements – Double Open Comb Razor
- 2015 – Wetshave Club Razor
Straight Razor Collection
- 1800’s – Wade & Butcher Barbers Point (restoration pending)
- 1800’s – Wade & Butcher Spike (restoration pending)
- 1800’s – Joseph Rodgers & Sons “Thursday” from a Seven Day Set (needs some love as well)
- 1920’s – #222 Shumate
- 1920’s – Checker Wedge
- Vintage – CV Heljestrand #66
Razor Wish List
- 1904 – Gillette Double Ring (Gillette’s first safety razor)
- 1930’s – Gillette Aristocrat Open Comb
- 1972 – Gillette Black Handled Adjustable – Date Code S3 (3rd quarter of 1972)
- IKon Slant – (a modern razor)
- RazoRock – Stealth Slant (a modern razor)
Sold / Traded / Pif’ed
- Gillette Super Speed 1940’s
- Gillette Super Speed 1960’s
- Schick Krona -1970’s
- Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip – Date Code F1 (1st quarter of 1960)
- Merkur Vision 2000 ( a modern DE razor) – Sold on eBay for $185.00
- Vintage – NOS Filarmonica #13 6/8 Light Green Doble Temple – Sold on eBay for $350.00
It’s like a big speedway. Taking you here and there. Doing routines. Breaking them too. Acceleration is part of growth. As we grow sometimes we forget where we were and what we have done. What exactly led us here. Why we came. What are we doing in this very moment we occupy. Be mindful of your principals and the things you stand for. Never slip from those ideals. Hold on tight. For the ride is fast and can be over in a moment. Enjoy your drive through the highway of your life. Enjoy the views and stops along the way. Make sure to acknowledge the things you can… The people you can. Those that make a difference. Those that matter to you. Be mindful of kindness. Stop for those in need. You never know when the act of kindness will be returned. Be a muse to others. Like you are to me. Goodnight. – Withoutink
Looking for a “Green” business opportunity? There is a new interesting franchise that has arrived in the United States.
SuperGreen Solutions is an energy efficient products and solutions franchise. SuperGreen Solutions promotes itself as a One-Stop-Shop for all your energy efficiency needs. Some of their offerings include: Solar Power, Solar Hot Water, Skylights, Ventilation, Insulation, Wind Power and Energy Management.
SuperGreen Solutions has been franchising in Australia for a few years now. Currently, they have 11 franchises in Australia… (They are planning for 52 franchises in AUS). Earlier this year, they joined forces with a company based in South Florida called – United Franchise Group. UFG will be the franchising arm for SuperGreen Solutions in North America and International Markets. They are looking to open 280-310 locations in America.
For More Info:
You can also request franchise information: SuperGreen Solutions Franchise