WGET is a Terminal command that allows you to grab files from the web using http / https / ftp protocols. However for some odd reason it doesn’t come with OS X. Here are some simple directions on how to get it running.
How To Install WGET in OSX
1. Download the WGET source
2. Unpack WGET
3. cd to the unpacked directory.
4. Next we need to configure the build – in Terminal type:
5. Next we must compile the build – in Terminal type:
6. Next we do the Install – in Terminal type:
sudo make install
7. WGET should now be in /usr/local/bin
Matt is an Internet Specialist for a multinational franchise. Matt has lived and worked in Hawaii, Chicago, South Florida and currently resides outside of Atlanta. He enjoys his hobbies including: Fountain Pens, Wetshaving, Clocks, Antiques & Coffee. He even roasts his own coffee weekly.