so i just posted about the migration of pop3 mail to an imap server. i had some issues with apple mail.app not knowing where to store the sent messages. i want all my sent messages to by stored on the server so i can look at them from anywhere i am.
heres what i thought needed to be done – BUT DIDN’T WORK!
1. i went into mail >> preferences
2. clicked mailbox behaviors
3. selected “store sent messages on the server”
4. selected “delete sent messages when: never”
5. saved the changes
when i sent a test message it didn’t work. so i sent another – nope nada zero zilch.
apparently apple mail.app needs to know what folder to move the sent messages to…
here is the correct way to get this to work:
1. in apple mail.app on the left column where all your folders are select “sent” or “sent messages” [this might very based on your server config.]
2. then in the mail.app menu bar click “mailbox”
3. then select “use this mailbox for”
4. select “sent”
that’s it now apple mail.app will know where to deliver your sent mail to on the server!
note: you can do the same thing to map folders for:
Matt is an Internet Specialist for a multinational franchise. Matt has lived and worked in Hawaii, Chicago, South Florida and currently resides outside of Atlanta. He enjoys his hobbies including: Fountain Pens, Wetshaving, Clocks, Antiques & Coffee. He even roasts his own coffee weekly.