when building websites i use a fantastic application called xampp. basically its an application that installs and configures the following:
pdf class 009e
well, the problem is in the mac os x version there is no easy way to start the application and all the services automatically when you boot up. the windows version has an option to install as a service. but us mac guys/gals are left in the dark. and have to manually start all the services. which sucks because i use a site in xampp as my homepage.
so i found a rather easy way to get xampp to auto start at boot up.
1. open script editor
2. type the following line in script editor:
[obviously replace your admin password with – your actual password.]
3. select File from the menu
4. select save as
5. name it whatever you want i called mine “xampp-autostart”
6. select “application” from the file format drop down
7. click save
8. i put the file in the /applications directory
now we are half way there… next we have to set it as a login item…
1. open system preferences
2. click “accounts”
3. select your user [you might have to authenticate]
4. click “login items”
5. click the plus sign
6. find the application you saved in /applications
7. click add
now every time you boot your mac up. xampp will autostart.
you can confirm by accessing: http://localhost in your browser