Even though I have known about Subversion [SVN] for awhile now, I have never really taken the time to setup a server and client to backup my sites and projects. This week however, I have been attending an iPhone conference – where SVN has come up no less than 30x. So tonight I decided to take the plunge.
I currently have a few hosting accounts spread around the planet. One of my primary accounts is hosted at JaguarPc. This evening I setup Subversions on my shared hosting account. Amazingly everything went well.
Setting up Subversions on JaguarPc
1. Open Terminal
2. SSH to your account: $ SSH email@example.com
3. Enter your password when prompted
4. Next you want to make you SVN Repos Directory: # mkdir svn_repos
5. Now start creating each of your repositories: # svnadmin create ~/svn_repos/whatever-you-want-to-call-the-repo
6. Quit terminal and your SSH Connection