One of my clients recently asked if I could upload some video to his website. I of course said: sure, no worries. The client then handed me a DVD with a VOB file in it. He asked that I trim / crop out most of the video, leaving him with two minutes of good footage. So, here is how I did it on the cheap.
How To Trim / Crop / Edit VOB Files in Mac OSX
1. Download & install a copy of Squared 5’s MPEG Streamclip (FREE – available as a Universal Binary)
2. Download & install a copy of Apple’s QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component. ($20 – or Free with Final Cut Pro or DVD Studio Pro.) This plugin is required to work with the VOB files.
3. Drag & drop your VOB file into Streamclip.
4. Using the tools found in Streamclip cut, copy, trip, crop the video as needed.
5. Click FILE >> SAVE AS or EXPORT as needed
Works like a charm.